New 7 Wonders of The World July 9, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Holiday, Just For Fun, Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets, Travel.
- Chichén Itzá, Mexico
- Christ Redeemer, Brazil
- The Great Wall, China
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Petra, Jordan
- The Roman Colloseum, Italy
- The Taj Mahal, India
This global poll has brought about controversies with some hinting of tourism stunt. The Great Wall has managed to stay in the list because of the Internet connection available in the country while Angkor Wat temples in Combodia was not voted due to the poor country.
While the Pyramids of Giza had survived from the ancient list till the voting stage. However, it will be known as the “Eight Wonder“. The money from this will go into restoration of the sites.
I wonder how the finalists were actually selected. What were the criteria for being a “Wonder”? Now, if I have the money to travel to visit those sites.
Inconsiderate Man Taking Up Space in MRT July 6, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Emotions & Feelings, Random Thoughts, Transport, Travel.
I’m not one who would take photos of anyone on the whim of my fancy. In fact, this guy managed to make me fume with anger to take photos of him. I was on my way home and as usual, the train was packed and when the doors opened, I saw him sitting at the side without a care in the world. Since I didn’t want to crush any bones of mine during the movement or stopping or sudden stops, I went to the available space that was just next to him.
The train started moving. During a stop, there was someone who was moving past me to alight and I accidentally stepped on the guy-who-was-on-the-floor with his hand as support. When you are sitting down, unless the train jerks to a stop, you don’t need your hand as support, right? He needed it all the time and use the dirty hand that had touched the god knows how many germs had been collected all day floor and tapped on my foot to make me look at him. He was indignant that I apologised to him for stepping on his hand.
[via Dopod 838Pro]
I didn’t care as I was busy nursing my cough. Be thankful that I didn’t make your hands bleed profusely. If you don’t want your precious hand to be stepped on, don’t put it there and don’t sit down in a crowded train just because you are tired la! Use your brains lor! You got one, right? There were so many people in the train and you want a seat all the way to your stop by blocking the rest who are also trying to get home as fast as possible too. So, be considerate can or not?
[via Dopod 838Pro]
Ironically, I managed to take a sit so that I could capture his actions. This is another addition to my pet peeves on people who don’t even know how to take a simple train ride besides preventing you from boarding it.
Worthy Links 30 Jun 2007 June 30, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animes, Emotions & Feelings, Family, Health and Fitness, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Technology and Gadgets, Television, Transport.
Random reads for today.
- This girl is a spoilt brat. Her mother gave her a Lexus a day before her actual birthday party for crying out loud.
- For the dads, they may want to use the GPS to track where their daughters are despite saying they trust them. Thankfully, I don’t have a car.
- Some odd information about the human world. I didn’t know that “The magic word “Abracadabra” was originally intended for the specific purpose of curing hay fever.”
- Our mailboxes definitely can’t be compared to these.
- We can actually do these 22 things for free.
- There are 46 Laws of Anime. Gee, now that you mentioned it:
6. Law of Temporal Variability
Time is not a constant. Time stops for the hero whenever he does something ‘cool’ or ‘impressive’. Time slows down when friends and lovers are being killed and speeds up whenever there is a fight.
- Always wanted to find that sound you wanted to hear? This may be the solution for you.
- For those who have writer’s block, these prompts may just be the cure to unblock it.
Worthy Links for 24 Jun 2007 June 24, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Career, Cats, General Sports, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Romance/ Love, Technology and Gadgets, Transport, Travel.
Random reads for today. It’s hot and humid today and my bet is that I’m going to hit the showers (new shower head, the other one stayed at power jets that won’t change no matter what. Not nice to hurt any sensitive parts of your body.)
- You know Garfield, right? Unless you hate comics but there’s this real cat that actually looks like him! Gosh. I’m speechless.
- There’s this sick guy adding people his his MSN list. He plays with his private parts with the web cam on them. How sick. (NSFW)
- Cute bunnies that look like mice without the tails. Pika is the name. No, not pronounced as in Pikachu for short.
- Some encouragement from Career Peace. Best not to reveal my real identity because it’s not safe. You never know why some things happened.
- A cat that disagree with your theories. This cat is not for the scientist or theorist or whoever has theories about anything.
- With F1 coming, one would like these Ferrari, no?
- What if handsome diving instructor is talking to your girlfriend, would you, as the boyfriend do something to him?
Move Along, This is A Depressing Post June 22, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Career, Emotions & Feelings, Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets, Travel.
Been thinking of career path change these days. Totally got sick of doing programming and no value add to myself. Besides spending money on a degree that I don’t know will get but hope to get, I haven’t been updating myself ever since. I feel outdated with the fast moving programming languages. Java, PHP, ASP are so old news. Now, there’s AJAX, XML, and whatever is currently being used or tested online.
I never had a chance to touch any other languages besides VB in MS Access. That is also old news and I’m definitely rusty from not using it for 4 years since I left the 1st company. It happens to be the longest that I stayed. The rest never beat the record. Or, I have been thinking about my career path since then. Perhaps.
In addition, I feel stupid. Slow. Moody about my current choice. I ask myself again why on earth I took this up. Either I’m suffering from some depression about work or I’m tired of doing the same thing and unhappy about being value-less besides being able to document, staple, get user sign-offs, etc.
I’m so into the getting out of my current scope. A career change is not easy. Nobody said it was. One has to uncover the possibilities, plan and consider that the skills are transferable. This is getting more depressing.
Worthy Links for 20 Jun 2007 June 20, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Career, Food and Drinks, Holiday, Just For Fun, Other Reading, Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets, Transport, Travel.
Worthy reads for today.
- Translated station names for Stockholm Metro. My picks are Pigeon Nest, Headtown, Clog Mountain, Raspberry Mountain, Parch Ant, Exhale, Fathertown and Sharp Nude.
- Typical way of pushing the trolley home and leaving it on the pavement. So, how “world-class” citizens are we again?
- Apparently, the IT support here allows spam. Gee, MSN, Youtube and other time-wasting sites are banned but spams are welcome?
- Did I mention that squirrels are way too cute?
- Now, if only I can get Latte to snorgle.
- I love ice-cream but this is too expensive and really, why does it need diamonds?
- Erm, anyone up for tattoos? They sure are geeky.
- Sometimes, we may be judgemental but no matter what others say about your blog, we will not bow to them. Trolls will always be there but we stand strong.
- Aye, a bison scare. I wonder if I would be able to see a real one though.
- I wonder if more solar-celled phones will be out in future.
What Do These Signs Mean? June 11, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Just For Fun, Random Thoughts, Transport.
Sometimes, we think for a long time just to come with a sign that means one thing to you but another to others. These signs are alleged to be found in Japanese metro trains. So, how would you design a sign that says that you are supposed to give your seats to someone who has a broken arm?
Of course, we shouldn’t miss out on other weird signs here, right?
What is it With Timeshare? June 8, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Food and Drinks, Holiday, Random Thoughts, Travel.
I have never heard of Grand Seasons International (GSI) but I have heard of Marriot Club and Discovery VIII. I went to both and had a better experience at Marriot Club than Discovery. The attitudes of both employees at both companies are totally different. One turned ugly while the other was polite throughout the process.
I managed to find a forum archive where this person felt he/she was scammed. Other than that, there is not much information on GSI. Tomorrow.sg is being sued for defaming. Odd, because it was the blogger who put it up and the submitter who submitted it. So, how come Tomorrow.sg is the one being sued? Oh, so the editors should have moderated all submissions?
I only know that they are also working. They don’t work full time monitoring Tomorrow.sg. Correct me on this if I’m wrong. Here, we can’t survive on blogging alone. We need to eat. Blogging does not bring the necessary income to feed a family of 6 despite the success out there.
Cloudywind has put up a video that should describe how conned some people have felt here. Discovery VII has more problems than GSI. Here’s a link to that forum. An account of someone who had a persistant person calling to insist to and collect the gift despite being told “NOT FREE”.
A list of timeshare companies can be found here.
Unfortunate Morning May 29, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Handheld, Mobile Phone, Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets, Transport, Travel.
I was late for work this morning. Whenever I rush to do something, there’s always something to be forgotten. Today I forgot to bring my handphone. I feel so naked without it.
It was already too late to go home and get it because it would mean calling for a taxi when it’s way too expensive in the morning to call for one. To think I’m expecting a call today. Of all days, I had to forget.
The trip in the train was lousy. I had to stand all the way because the particular time meant a lot more people boarding from my stop and there wasn’t any seats left. I hate to stand for 45 minutes and I couldn’t even get a good nap because some guy shifted his foot and nearly crushed my new toe nail.
I want to go home 😦
Pet Farms May 28, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Cats, Dogs, General Sports, Health and Fitness, Just For Fun, Random Thoughts, Transport, Travel.
add a comment
My skin’s peeling. Urgh. Not nice in any way. I’m more tan now. Would like to keep this tan though. Been a long time since I’ve been tan. Let’s see how to keep it.
I went to Wild Wild Wet again because there’s still some free tickets to be used. DD brought me to 3 different pet farms after that. All the puppies are cute! Some of the cats, such as Persians, Persian Cross are so cute! The Beagles and Golden Retrievers are so cute too! Ok, too many cute here. I know some of you might just want to puke if I say one more. Last one. Cute.
We went to Pet Movers, Ericsson Pet Farm and the smaller one next to Ericsson. I love the Persian Cross. They look so adorable and seemed to love to be hugged and cuddled. However, I don’t have the time to spend with pets that need a lot of interaction now. 😦
To get to those pet farms, you’ll need to drive, the bus stop is too far. The best time to watch people train their dogs would be morning where the dogs are not so hot and sleepy.