Domain Moved August 1, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Technology and Gadgets.
add a comment
She Died Because of Fake Harry Potter Spoilers July 22, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Books, Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets.
This young girl committed suicide after discovering that she had read the spoilers in vain. They were fake. How sad. For a book about magic and witchcraft, it certainly has collected much controversy, spoilers and lord knows what else along the way. Why would one want to post spoilers? For fame or for getting more hits on the site about fake information?
When the first book was published, it didn’t garner that much fans and strong support for an unknown author. By the time the 3rd book was published, it had gathered quite an amazing amount of fans for the author and fans started to display their love for Harry Potter and his friends. Nit-picking started too. I guess it was to be expected. I still remember when The Da Vinci Code was published, Dan Brown received much flake from the parties mentioned in th book despite it being fiction. Well, someone told me that there was one part that was based on a true story except no one knows which part and that started the controversy.
My, my, I dedicated a paragraph to something not related to Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows. How did I get there? Oh well, let’s get back to it, shall we? Sometimes, we don’t know why certain things are being done. We just read things online and assume they are true. However, Snopes, Hoax Busters, The Museum of Hoaxes and Common Email Hoaxes, just to name a few, allow us to double check again on the information that are found online.
I wonder if there would be another series that would gather such a huge following like J. R. Rowling.
Who is This LTA X? July 17, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Career, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Technology and Gadgets.
The question now is who the heck is this LTA X? How did he get away without being named while the whistle-blower got his cover blown? It seems that there is no protection for the whistle-blower, in this case, the email was being sent to practically the whole of SAF. What if LTA X was not some princeling?
When Lee Hong Yi was born, a mother was barred from entering the nursery to visit her son. Wow, I didn’t know that. It must be cool to be the son of the PM, huh?
When the email was first put up in a SPH journalist’s blog, no less, the buzz around it started, with Hardwarezone being first to put in a thread that has since been removed. Pity. After a while, other blogs started putting up the said email with names being censored. The Online Citizen has rounded up the information on this case. Quite a feat.
The difference between Lee Hong Yi and Wee Shu Min is that Lee is focused on being public-spirited while Wee demonstrated her immaturity by dragging her father into the flame war. A compilation of blogs that have touched on the graffe can be found here.
I wonder how long this will last. As a final note, everyone may be talking about 2LT Lee’s email but why wasn’t LTA X punished and named?
My 10 Favourite Blogs July 16, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Career, Cats, Family, Friendship, Just For Fun, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Romance/ Love, Technology and Gadgets.
For those who read blogs or blog about anything, Mashable is celebrating blogging’s 10th birthday by requesting readers to list 10 favourite blogs. Blogging has been around for 10 years already? Gosh. Since I have more than 100 RSS feeds and I do share the posts that I like, let’s see if I can list my 10 favourite blogs. And please don’t kill me if you are not in the list. You are, however, in my daily feeds.
I present the list, not in order of merit.
- Hear Ye! Hear Ye! – Insightful posts on issues that are affecting everyone, the most recent on Lee Hong Yi’s breaking the chain of command by exposing himself as the whistle blower.
- Cuteoverload – Tewtelly cool kitteh, dawgs, turtles, mice, hedgehogs and much more. You can diee from the cute overloads.
- Stickgal – It may not be updated daily but then again, the wait is worth it.
- Letters to my kids – A father’s well-thought and meaningful letters for his kids. One of it on how to be sociable.
- What’s love got to do with it? – Thought provoking posts on relationships.
- Problogger – Valuable tips on surviving online and how to earn money online.
- Daily Blog Tips – Advice on blogging.
- Dilbert – Comic strip on work. Can relate to it.
- Working With Catwelfare Society – Sometimes, humans are the ones who are littering.
- Freelance Switch – Everything you need to know about freelancing.
New 7 Wonders of The World July 9, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Holiday, Just For Fun, Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets, Travel.
- Chichén Itzá, Mexico
- Christ Redeemer, Brazil
- The Great Wall, China
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Petra, Jordan
- The Roman Colloseum, Italy
- The Taj Mahal, India
This global poll has brought about controversies with some hinting of tourism stunt. The Great Wall has managed to stay in the list because of the Internet connection available in the country while Angkor Wat temples in Combodia was not voted due to the poor country.
While the Pyramids of Giza had survived from the ancient list till the voting stage. However, it will be known as the “Eight Wonder“. The money from this will go into restoration of the sites.
I wonder how the finalists were actually selected. What were the criteria for being a “Wonder”? Now, if I have the money to travel to visit those sites.
Worthy Link for 6 Jul 2007 July 6, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Books, Emotions & Feelings, Just For Fun, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Software, Studies, Technology and Gadgets.
add a comment
As opposed to Sicarii’s hypothesis that only “popular” bloggers are being read, I shall post some links here that I read because of the catchy title and the partial text that is available.
- Do you have Transformers toys? Those that transform into jets, cars, beasts, and other things? Nike has them transform into Nike shoes and when they transform, they are still wearing Nike shoes!
- Have you said something nice today? It’s always heart warming to hear someone say, “Hey, forget that you said the wrong thing. Your presentation slides were well thought out.”
- I haven’t been reading for quite some time, these books that transform into mirrors may just be it but they are expensive though.
- Seems like there are new ways to cheat in exams. No wonder the exam rooms are no longer in lecture halls.
- If you don’t have a letter opener, this bunny will help you.
- I didn’t know that the use of a handkerchief and tissue can start a debate. Old post but interesting thoughts on it.
- For free and open source software, try here.
Worthy Links 30 Jun 2007 June 30, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animes, Emotions & Feelings, Family, Health and Fitness, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Technology and Gadgets, Television, Transport.
Random reads for today.
- This girl is a spoilt brat. Her mother gave her a Lexus a day before her actual birthday party for crying out loud.
- For the dads, they may want to use the GPS to track where their daughters are despite saying they trust them. Thankfully, I don’t have a car.
- Some odd information about the human world. I didn’t know that “The magic word “Abracadabra” was originally intended for the specific purpose of curing hay fever.”
- Our mailboxes definitely can’t be compared to these.
- We can actually do these 22 things for free.
- There are 46 Laws of Anime. Gee, now that you mentioned it:
6. Law of Temporal Variability
Time is not a constant. Time stops for the hero whenever he does something ‘cool’ or ‘impressive’. Time slows down when friends and lovers are being killed and speeds up whenever there is a fight.
- Always wanted to find that sound you wanted to hear? This may be the solution for you.
- For those who have writer’s block, these prompts may just be the cure to unblock it.
NETS Won Against Case June 26, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Random Thoughts, Technology and Gadgets.
Frankly speaking, I’m very disappointed that NETS still won its fee hike. Ridiculous, I say. Competition? True but you don’t just up the transaction fees at this point in time. The GST hike and the ever-rising fuel cost are already costing us major headaches and NETS is very helpful in creating another headache.
I use NETS to pay for bills too. Are they saying that we are not using it enough? How odd. I see most use NETS to pay for bills and credit card bills. Some may be paying via cheques but that is another number to be accounted for. Is there a case study on how people are paying the bills for shopping, groceries, bills and other what-nots?
The extra hike in GST is going to make a $2 meal increase to $2.50 – $3 meal. The food stalls are not located in the food courts either. Not to forget that why the movie theatres will be increasing the ticket prices yet again too. Maybe Poh Kim and Sembawang Music must be the happiest owners in future. Or P2P sharing would increase more than ever. So, to gain more profits, everything goes up. But, at what cost? And, don’t call me whiny.
Update: As I don’t want anyone knocking at my doors any time soon, comments are closed due to strong sentiments being built up.
Worthy Links for 24 Jun 2007 June 24, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Career, Cats, General Sports, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Romance/ Love, Technology and Gadgets, Transport, Travel.
Random reads for today. It’s hot and humid today and my bet is that I’m going to hit the showers (new shower head, the other one stayed at power jets that won’t change no matter what. Not nice to hurt any sensitive parts of your body.)
- You know Garfield, right? Unless you hate comics but there’s this real cat that actually looks like him! Gosh. I’m speechless.
- There’s this sick guy adding people his his MSN list. He plays with his private parts with the web cam on them. How sick. (NSFW)
- Cute bunnies that look like mice without the tails. Pika is the name. No, not pronounced as in Pikachu for short.
- Some encouragement from Career Peace. Best not to reveal my real identity because it’s not safe. You never know why some things happened.
- A cat that disagree with your theories. This cat is not for the scientist or theorist or whoever has theories about anything.
- With F1 coming, one would like these Ferrari, no?
- What if handsome diving instructor is talking to your girlfriend, would you, as the boyfriend do something to him?
Worthy Links For 23 June 2007 June 23, 2007Posted by WishBoNe in Animals, Career, Family, Food and Drinks, General Sports, Health and Fitness, Random Thoughts, Relationships, Technology and Gadgets, Television.
add a comment
Some reads to feast on and enjoy.
- For the surfers, can you beat the rats? The rats are way too cool.
- Now, to earn some spare cash, perhaps Blogitive could be another option to try out. It says that you can earn at least $1500 per month. In USD?
- Chinese shares seems to be falling. I wonder if the Olympics would actually help fuel the shares. Oh and I love the mascots. Pandas are cute.
- Wondering if you are unimportant? Everyone will ignore you.
- There’s a new food, not available here, definitely. It’s dick. And it’s yummy.
- I’ve always loved animated gif.
- I wonder if a map can be as colourful as Bruceville. Bruce reminds me of Bruce Lee.
- Children learn from adults. They do what they see despite us telling them the opposite. Sad to see that negative things are being taught nowadays.